Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A visit to Portland

It's June and the sun is shinning in Portland (at least once anyway) what fun! Kurt and I headed up for a visit with the grand kids and to say goodbye to the Portland home.
This years visit included a trip to the playhouse to see Lion King with the 2 older girls. They stayed awake the entire time and for the next few days I heard a lot of singing. We went to the Rose garden that was in full bloom and beautiful. There was a special luncheon outside in the sun with chocolate milk served from a "real" teapot! The girls each had a "real" teacup (thanks to the goodwill) and we had a variety of sandwiches finished off by Rice Krispies treats that the kids made the night before in anticipation of the special luncheon.
One morning after chores we went garage sale hunting looking for a few books that the girls had earned. We found books, but the best buy was a "bigger" bike for $20 for the "bigger" girl. The best comment was from Miranda who said "Now I get a new bike too 'cuse Ansley can only have one!"
She was right and the bicycle shift downward took place. As you can see they were all happy. It will take Ansley awhile to get used to the "tipping" bike but I think she likes it.



I added the pictures all by myself! Now I just need to learn how to size them and move them around better. We had a great time and like always, it ends too soon. We decided to take the train home and even though it was a 30 hour ride it was fun. The first thing we noticed was as the train took off we could not hear a thing! No running, no toys clanking, no yelling or laughing. We had forgotten how noisy kids are in general and it made us laugh to think we noticed the quiet! No offense family!!!










1 comment:

  1. What, sorry I can't hear what you are saying, oh, you mean thier is still a silence in this world? I thought that it had disapeared. A 30 hour train raide is where I need to find it? Without the kids, just a husband, a book, and a cribbage board - sign me up! We had so much fun and miss you everyday. All my love.

    ReplyDelete